Ca’ Foscari

A regal palazzo, built by the Giustinians at the end of the 14th – beginning of the 15th century. It was called the Palace of the Two Towers because of the two towers it had on its chimneypot. It was bought by the Republic in 1420 for the sum of 6500 ducats as a gift for the Marquess of Mantua, but in 1438 it was taken from him and given to Count Francesco Sforza, from whom it was confiscated in 1447. Then, in 1452, the ownership passed to the doge Foscari, who rebuilt it more magnificently than before. Many other princes lived in Palazzo Foscari. Having lost its noble owners in our own times, and being in a miserable condition, it was bought and restored by the Municipality of Venice and is now the central seat of the University of Venice.

no images were found

Error thrown

Call to undefined function mysql_real_escape_string()